Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

make it yourself: honey citrus sugar scrub


i don't know about you, but this time of year is always the worst on my skin. it seems no amount of lotion can keep the dry away. here is a little solution that i've come to love: a honey citrus sugar scrub. just four ingredients (that you probably have on-hand) is all it takes, and i promise, your skin will thank you.

 ingredients:
1 cup granulated or raw sugar
1 tsp pure honey
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp fresh citrus zest (i used the zest of an orange)


directions:
mix together the honey and olive oil, stir mixture into 1 cup of sugar, and last, add the citrus zest. sometimes i add a little more olive oil, depending on how the mixture looks and how saturated i want it to be.
store in an air-tight container. i'm not sure on the exact shelf-life, i usually use it within a few weeks, but i would assume it would store well since all the ingredients are pantry ingredients.



besides the soft, soft skin after using this, my favorite part is adding the zest. mmmm. i just love how my kitchen smells after zesting an orange.

this makes a great little gift, too. just put it in a pretty little container, add a tag or some ribbon, and you have a cheap, easy gift.

enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. This is a really wonderful scrub! I love the citrus smell. I used a clementine since it was what I had on hand and also added several drops of sweet orange essential oil. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it 1 teaspoon or 1 tablespoon honey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Erin its Deonna from the Child at Heart blog. I featured your sugar scrub on my blog this week for a Mothers Day Spa Gift Bag. I am giving away some goodies so come check it out. I will also pin your image from your blog on my featured and gift ideas boards :)
    http://www.thechildatheartblog.com/2014/04/mothers-day-homemade-spa-gift-idea.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made a batch, and I love it already! I've been looking for ways to detoxify my skin care routine, and I will definitely be adding this at least once a week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...